Quality In-Home Care In Your Community
Hi, I’m Lorelei Elia, manager of your local Griswold Home Care office. I worked as a medical assistant for twenty five years and enjoyed the interaction with my patients immensely. Also I had the privilege of being a caregiver for two very special people in my own family. My experiences in home care have shown me the incredibly moving bond that is created between client and caregiver.
Family acknowledgment of our home care services is our highest reward, but we’re also recognized state-wide. 93% of the families that we service are referred to us through prior or current home care clients! The Quinnipiac Chamber of Commerce chose us as the Athena Award winner and we have also been awarded by the Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Associations. Atty. Gen. Richard Blumenthal successfully nominated us as the SBA Business of the Year. May 16th was pronounced Jean Griswold Day by the Legislature for our innovative home care and seniors’ advocacy.
I didn’t know where to turn. I couldn’t move there and they couldn’t move here, but I worried day and night. Your office has brought me so much peace. – A client’s daughter
Forever grateful …our caregiver extended Mom’s life. – Daughter, Joanna, San Francisco
We called in a panic and you leaped into action. – Daughter, Brenda, Cheshire
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3) Notice
As required by Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3)(a), Griswold Home Care hereby specifies its legal liabilities to the individual supplied or referred to or placed with you: Griswold Home Care is not aware of any such legal liabilities, other than to comply with the terms of its written agreement with such individual and with any applicable laws and regulations
As required by Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3)(b), Griswold Home Care hereby informs you that:
- Griswold Home Care is a Registry that connects caregivers with persons that need homecare. The caregivers work directly for the client; however, Griswold Home Care provides information to the client for the completion of IRS Forms 1099.
- Griswold Home Care treats the caregiver as self-employed for Federal employment tax purposes pursuant to IRS Code Section 3506.
- Griswold Home Care pays Connecticut unemployment insurance for caregivers upon filing.
- Griswold Home Care provides general liability insurance for the caregiver.
- Griswold Home Care provides workers’ compensation insurance for the caregiver.
- Griswold Home Care provides bonding insurance for the caregiver.
- You may be considered an employer under law and, if that is the case, you may be held responsible for the payment of federal and state taxes, Social Security, overtime and minimum wage,unemployment, workers’ compensation insurance payments and any other applicable payment required under state or federal law.
- You should consult a tax professional if you are uncertain about your responsibility for the payment of such taxes or payments.