Hi, I’m Lesley Mills, Independent owner and operator of five offices in Connecticut. My staff and I have referred caregivers to Connecticut families like yours for over 20 years. You have my full commitment to refer thoroughly screened caregivers that can assist you with all manner of non-medical, in-home care; including personal care, homemaking and companionship.
The various sections of this website reveal our character, awards, and broader commitment to the local communities we serve. I’m a Yale Associate Fellow, and for the past 10-years a CBS radio host on elder care matters, and I lecture widely throughout the community.
I was drawn to home care because of my personal experience as a caregiver for my mother who had Alzheimer’s disease and my Granddad. I was fortunate to have a wonderful live-in caregiver who made it possible for me to continue my work and spend the quality time I wanted with them both. I never had to worry about their care. The professional caregiver was a wonderful companion who took care of their needs with such compassion and dedication. These experiences drew me to founders Drs. Jean and Lincoln Griswold.
Please join our hundreds of families who have this to say about the caregivers we refer:
“Forever grateful …our caregiver extended Mom’s life.”Joanna, San Francisco
“Our caregiver was at Dad’s side to hold him as he passed.” son Larry, Hamden
“Gammy has no words but she sings with her caregiver and her face shines.” granddaughter Kirsten, Branford.
Our most precious gifts are family letters and recognition like these, but I’m also honored that our team also has many home care awards. Atty. Gen. Richard Blumenthal successfully nominated us as the SBA Business of the Year, for creative elder care and community work, and May 16 was declared Jean Griswold Day by the legislature for our fierce advocacy of home care and senior care issues. We have also received awards from the Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Associations, Former Governor Rell, Business New Haven, New Haven Chamber of Commerce, CT Women Owned Businesses; and the New Haven Rotary.
We’re your home care problem solvers — add us to your family’s team so we can refer a caregiver to address your needs. Your home care coordinator will guide you through the confusing world of in-home care. The caregivers we refer will serve with integrity, compassion, and competence. We even advocate for your benefits from insurers and agencies. Behind the scenes we protect you with insurance and bonding.
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3) Notice
As required by Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3)(a), Griswold Home Care hereby specifies its legal liabilities to the individual supplied or referred to or placed with you: Griswold Home Care is not aware of any such legal liabilities, other than to comply with the terms of its written agreement with such individual and with any applicable laws and regulations.
As required by Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3)(b), Griswold Home Care hereby informs you that:
- Griswold Home Care is a Registry that connects caregivers with persons that need homecare. The caregivers work directly for the client; however, Griswold Home Care provides information to the client for the completion of IRS Forms 1099.
- Griswold Home Care treats the caregiver as self-employed for Federal employment tax purposes pursuant to IRS Code Section 3506.
- Griswold Home Care pays Connecticut unemployment insurance for caregivers.
- Griswold Home Care provides general liability insurance for the caregiver.
- Griswold Home Care provides workers’ compensation insurance for the caregiver.
- Griswold Home Care provides bonding insurance for the caregiver.
- You may be considered an employer under law and, if that is the case, you may be held responsible for the payment of federal and state taxes, Social Security, overtime and minimum wage, unemployment, workers’ compensation insurance payments and any other applicable payment required under state or federal law.
- You should consult a tax professional if you are uncertain about your responsibility for the payment of such taxes or payments.