Chicken and Potato Goulash
Received from: Rita Cook at Anne Arundel, Kent & Queen Anne’s Counties
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup no-salt-added tomato puree
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram or oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-size
- 2 small unpeeled new potatoes, diced
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato puree, broth, marjoram, pepper, and paprika.
- Combine carrots, onion, celery, and garlic in a slow cooker. Pour broth mixture over the vegetables. Add potatoes and chicken and mix together.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 5- 6 hours.
- Remove 2 TBSP of the broth from the slow cooker and combine with flour in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the goulash.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high until the stew slightly thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Use salt to season, if necessary. Serve.
Nutritional Information: Servings 4 Calories 226
Carbs 31 g Fat 3 g Protein 19 g Fiber 5 g