Quality, Affordable In-Home Care In Your Community
Cathy Howard and her mother, Frances Malafronte opened the Fairfield County, CT office of Griswold Home Care in March, 1991. Since then, we have expanded to include local offices in Danbury – Bethel, Norwalk, and Stratford. Our home care team has been delivering quality home care to seniors in Fairfield County for over 21 years. The Stratford local Griswold Home Care office has worked with many skilled agencies and hospice agencies in order to provide a comprehensive approach to home care.
Our caregiver screening process is truly one of the most rigorous in the industry to ensure that we provide the best home care possible. Our caregivers have experience caring for seniors with Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, CHF, COPD including those on Hospice just to name a few. Pam DePiano, Stratford Office Manager began her career with Griswold Home Care in 1998 as a bi-lingual Case Manager. Pam has dedicated most of her working life to helping seniors remain independent at home through quality home care services.
Charlene Vinson began her career at Griswold Home Care as a caregiver and became a case manager in 2009. Stacey Lasorsa has been with us for just over 1 year as our community liaison. Stacey has built wonderful relationships within the Fairfield County Community. Lastly, Jessica Howard, who graduated from Eastern Ct. State University this past May, is our newest full time case manager.
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3) Notice
As required by Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3)(a), Griswold Home Care hereby specifies its legal liabilities to the individual supplied or referred to or placed with you: Griswold Home Care is not aware of any such legal liabilities, other than to comply with the terms of its written agreement with such individual and with any applicable laws and regulations.
As required by Conn. Gen. Stat. § 20-670(3)(b), Griswold Home Care hereby informs you that:
- Griswold Home Care is a Registry that connects caregivers with persons that need homecare. The caregivers work directly for the client; however, Griswold Home Care provides information to the client for the completion of IRS Forms 1099.
- Griswold Home Care treats the caregiver as self-employed for Federal employment tax purposes pursuant to IRS Code Section 3506.
- Griswold Home Care pays Connecticut unemployment insurance for caregivers upon filing.
- Griswold Home Care provides general liability insurance for the caregiver.
- Griswold Home Care provides workers’ compensation insurance for the caregiver.
- Griswold Home Care provides bonding insurance for the caregiver.
- You may be considered an employer under law and, if that is the case, you may be held responsible for the payment of federal and state taxes, Social Security, overtime and minimum wage,unemployment, workers’ compensation insurance payments and any other applicable payment required under state or federal law.
- You should consult a tax professional if you are uncertain about your responsibility for the payment of such taxes or payments.