We know you’ve been waiting with bated breath for the answers to our blood donation quiz. So here they are!
- 4.5 million Americans need a blood transfusion each year!
- Someone needs blood every 2 seconds.
- Only 37% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood.
- Out of that 37% eligible, less than 10% actually donates.
- One pint of blood can save up to 3 lives!
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital needs blood.
- A healthy adult may donate about a pint of blood (the most common form of donation) every 2 months.
How did you do? The numbers are pretty telling. Blood donation is very important to the wellbeing of so many people. It’s an extremely compassionate thing to do, so if you’re healthy and eligible, you should definitely think about donating.
Check back soon for some safety tips!
Are you worried about the safety of blood donation? Tell us why in the comments below.