The Jean Griswold Foundation
Supporting Those Who Support Others
Caregivers are the backbone of a home care company. Without the dedication, compassion, and hard work of a caregiver, our purpose of giving people the help they need to live in the place they love would be impossible to achieve. We recognize the critical role of caregivers, and that is why the Jean Griswold Foundation focuses solely on caregivers. Our mission is to support them with educational opportunities and scholarships.
Now Accepting Applications and Nominations for the Summer 2024 Scholarship program! Submissions must be received by March 31st, 2024.
Announcing the Winter 2023 Jean Griswold Foundation Scholars – watch their reactions when they first get the news!
We are excited to announce that in our first scholarship year we have awarded $44,200 in scholarships to 18 overachieving caregivers from across the country! Congratulations to:
- •Bettina Conde, Northampton, MA: Pursuing an accelerated BSN degree, overcoming personal challenges, and demonstrating a lifelong commitment to public service and caregiving.
- Vladyslav Pavlykha, Needham, MA: A dedicated CNA for a hospice company, seeking an Associate Degree in Nursing to advance his career in hospice care.
- Gracie Azevedo, CA: Studying for a Bachelor's degree in Holistic Health Sciences, motivated by personal caregiving experiences and a deep passion for caregiving.
- Kezia Sebuabe, New Castle, DE: Driven to become a nurse, inspired by personal family caregiving experiences and a desire to establish a clinic in Ghana.
- Joy Otieno, Anoka, MN: A senior nursing student working as a caregiver, aiming to graduate and continue supporting people in their homes.
- Kyarah Jackson, Atlanta, GA: Working as a caregiver while pursuing an associate's degree to become a registered nurse, inspired by personal experiences.
- Kristina Marie Ebilane, Chevy Chase, MD: Aspiring to become an RN and NP, motivated by her caregiving experience with her grandparents.
- • Tracy Grubbs, Kent Sussex, DE: With extensive caregiving experience, she is pursuing a CNA certification to broaden her knowledge and abilities.
- Ashton Comeaux, North Houston, TX: A mother and student aiming for a BSN degree, driven by a personal health challenge and a passion for caregiving.
- Elizabeth Habtemariam, Lorton, VA: Seeking to enhance her caregiving skills through a medication aide certification, motivated by a career in social work and a commitment to the elderly.
- Jenell Davenport, Plano, TX: Aiming to complete her GED and CNA training, driven by her passion for caregiving and desire to advance her education in the healthcare field.
- Shawna Lee, Raleigh, NC: Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, inspired by her family's caregiving background and her desire to transition into caregiving.
- Bendu Jegede, Raleigh, NC: A lifelong caregiver aiming to complete her nursing degree, inspired by personal experiences and a passion for serving humanity.
- Peggy Elms, Scottsdale, AZ: Pursuing a CNA course to enhance her skills in caregiving, inspired by her commitment to care for others as she would have for her own parents.
- Suzanna Osborne, Scottsdale, AZ: Aiming to become certified as a home health aide, driven by her experience as a caregiver for her grandmother and her passion for the profession.
- Juanna Elliott, Wilmington, NC: Working towards a nursing education, motivated by her experiences in caregiving for her mother and her dedication to improving her knowledge in client care.
Each caregiver will receive up to $3,000 to continue their education in a care-related field. These caregivers have displayed enduring dedication, arduous work ethic, and abiding motivation, and we are thrilled to provide the financial support they deserve.
Jean Griswold founded Griswold Home Care out of her heartfelt desire to help people, especially Caregivers. Her legacy lives on through the mission of the Jean Griswold Foundation. The application window for 2023 Winter Scholarship has ended. Thank you to everyone who has applied and nominated an outstanding caregiver. Scholarship finalists will be notified in December. Award winners will be announced in February as we celebrate National Caregiver's Day!
"With humility and appreciation, we recognize the critical role of our caregivers. The pandemic was an astonishing reminder of just how important they are to society. The Jean Griswold Foundation is proud to focus its efforts towards supporting caregivers everywhere, and we look forward to awarding scholarships and grants throughout the coming years.”
- Michael Slupecki, Griswold Home Care CEO and Jean Griswold Foundation Board Member
Visit the Jean Griswold Foundation website to learn more!