The Jean Griswold Foundation
Supporting Those Who Support Others
Caregivers are the backbone of a home care company. Without the dedication, compassion, and hard work of a caregiver, our purpose of giving people the help they need to live in the place they love would be impossible to achieve. We recognize the critical role of caregivers, and that is why the Jean Griswold Foundation focuses solely on caregivers. Our mission is to support them with educational opportunities and scholarships.
We are excited to announce that in our first scholarship year we have awarded $24,000 in scholarships to 12 overachieving caregivers from across the country! Congratulations to:
- Heidi Winter - After caring for her mother, Heidi decided to make a major career change. From accountant to attending Nursing school and loving it, Heidi sees a future and rewarding career in this care field.
- Sharla Rivera - Has known Griswold for the last 11 years. A proud military mom, Sharla plans to pursue her certification and to explore the field of phlebotomy.
- Diane Brueilly - A professional caregiver for the last 10 years, Diane is using this scholarship to expand her abilities in caring for seniors.
- Nafeesha Johnson - A caregiver for almost three years, Nafeesha’s scholarship will be used to get her clinical medical assistant certification! This is just the beginning for Nafessha!
- Hillary Dresch - Hillary has been a caregiver for over 10 years with home health agencies and in private care. After starting her family, Hillary is excited to return to her studies, pursuing an RN. Her plan is to gain experience in nursing before returning to school once more to achieve her dream of becoming a psychiatrist.
- Pearl Opoku - After years of being a CNA, Pearl decided to pursue her education in Nursing. In 2020, she enrolled in an LPN Program and completed the coursework in June 2022. Pearl has her plan already mapped out, preparing to beginning her studies in an RN to BSN program.
Each caregiver will receive up to $2,000 to continue their education in a care-related field. These caregivers have displayed enduring dedication, arduous work ethic, and abiding motivation, and we are thrilled to provide the financial support they deserve.
Announcing the 2022 Jean Griswold Foundation Scholars – watch their reactions when they first got the news!
Jean Griswold founded Griswold Home Care out of her heartfelt desire to help people, especially Caregivers. Her legacy lives on through the mission of the Jean Griswold Foundation.Stay tuned for information regarding winners of the 2023 Summer Scholarship Program on July 31st!
"With humility and appreciation, we recognize the critical role of our caregivers. The pandemic was an astonishing reminder of just how important they are to society. The Jean Griswold Foundation is proud to focus its efforts towards supporting caregivers everywhere, and we look forward to awarding scholarships and grants throughout the coming years.”
- Michael Slupecki, Griswold Home Care CEO and Jean Griswold Foundation Board Member
Visit the Jean Griswold Foundation website to learn more!