Respite Care Services in New Castle County
Are You a Family Caregiver in Need of a Break?
Caring for your elderly or disabled loved one takes a lot of work – emotionally and physically. Griswold Home Care for New Castle County offers respite care to assist these family caregivers so they can recharge and prevent burnout. We understand how caring for another person is an overwhelming, yet heroic task. Everyone needs personal time to focus on themselves, and that’s where our respite care services come in handy when you need a much-needed break.
Our respite care involves common non-medical tasks caregivers provide, including assistance with personal care, preparing meals, companionship, and running errands. We will adapt to your changing needs over time, as we fully understand some weeks are different from others.
As your loved one ages, they will likely require ongoing adjustments to their care plans. For example, you may need a few hours of respite care today, while you may prefer more in the future. Our office staff at Griswold Home Care for New Castle County is here to adjust your care plans as needed.
Benefits of Respite Care
Respite care helps caregivers by providing:
- Break from caregiving: Respite care can allow caregivers to take a break, which can help reduce stress and prevent burnout.
- Improved health: Caregivers report that respite care helps lower stress and anxiety levels. Respite care allows their loved ones to receive quality care from trained professionals.
- Increased Socialization Opportunities: Isolation is a common problem for caregivers and their loved ones. Respite care provides socialization opportunities for both groups. Caregivers get to meet other people in similar situations, while those receiving care may interact with others outside their immediate family or circle of friends.
- Helps prevent caregiver burnout: When caregivers don't get enough support, they feel physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted. This is known as caregiver burnout. When burned out, caregivers may be less able to provide quality care to their loved ones.
- Allows caregivers to continue working: The demands of caregiving can make it difficult to maintain employment outside the home. Respite care provides the support needed to enable caregivers to take breaks from caregiving and focus on their jobs.
- Peace of mind: The caregiver and their loved one can have peace of mind knowing there is someone there to help if needed. This can provide a sense of security and help to reduce stress levels for both parties involved.
Griswold Home Care for New Castle County is here to assist you and your family in any capacity, and we hope you realize that by enlisting the help of our New Castle County in-home care services, you aren’t shirking your responsibilities. Rather, you’re recognizing the need to strike a balance for you and your family, get a full night’s sleep, and find respite care if something else requires your attention at the last minute.
Let us be a part of the solution for you and your family. Contact us at (302) 416-6758 today to learn more about respite care services in New Castle County.