Open Accessibility Menu

Care Pairing Resources in Pasco County, FL

Griswold Care Pairing of Pasco County is very involved in the community and has built a strong network of resources to assist you in your care experience. Here are some of the resources that are available to you.

The Jean Griswold Foundation

Established in 2010, the Jean Griswold Foundation furthers Griswold Care Pairing's collective mission and offers the opportunity to give back to the communities that we serve. “Our vision is a future in which all seniors and adults with disabilities, with limited financial means, will have the opportunity to live a full life and age with dignity in the comfort of their own homes.”

It is the foundation’s goal to improve quality of life for low-income elderly and adults with disabilities who choose to age in place. It has given out over $100,000 in grants to over 100 organizations across the country. Nonprofits that were awarded grants included: Gulfside Regional Hospice, the Alzheimer’s Association, Lighthouse for the Blind Pasco County, the Volunteer Way of Pasco County, Lighthouse for the Blind Tampa, The Florida ALS Chapter, and the Alzheimer’s Family Organization.

Elder Care Attorneys

All attorneys are not created equal; many specialize. Elder care attorneys provide special value in at least two areas: helping you with the key documents each of us needs as we age (see below) and managing our assets and income to qualify for Medicaid (including the Long-Term Care managed–Care Program) and/or the VA Aid and Attendance program.

Key Legal Documents We All Should Have

Each of us should have:

  • Healthcare Surrogate – This designates someone to make medical decisions for you if you cannot make them for yourself.
  • Durable Power of Attorney– Used to designate someone to make health, financial, and/or legal decisions when you are unable to act.
  • Last Will and Testament– This directs how your property will be managed after your death.
  • Living Will/Advanced Directive– This formalizes your wishes regarding the medical care to be used or withheld if you become incapacitated— Call us for a list of the elder care attorneys in your area.

Aging Life Care Professionals or Geriatric Care Managers

If you are trying to coordinate care for someone and just don’t have the time or are too far away, there are people who do this for a living. They are called Aging Life Care Professionals or Geriatric Care Managers. Charges range from $70-$100+ an hour. Please see or call us for the names of care managers in your area who might be a good fit for you and your family.

Facility Placement

These entities help one find the right facility/community. They are a no-cost service for the client, as they charge a fee to the facility that you move to. We work with most of the area companies and will be happy to provide you with an introduction.

Emergency Help Buttons

Emergency response systems are a low-cost first step at providing some peace of mind for those at home alone. Most charge a monthly fee with no long-term contract. Connect America, Paul Quinn, 800-229-4564 is our preferred partner.

Mobile Medical Services

Everyone needs a primary care physician. Not everyone can travel to the doctor’s office to see them. There are physicians, dentists, lab services, and podiatrists who will come to your home. Please contact us for a list.

Griswold Connect Virtual Connect Powered by Teladoc

Access a board-certified physician 24/7. This service is not meant to replace your primary care physician (see above), but it can be very useful to the home bound or those needing assistance after hours or on the weekend. See our office for special pricing ($19.99 a month for unlimited use).

Adult Briefs, Wipes, Gloves, Soaps, Cleaners, Paper Towels

Looking for adult incontinence supplies?

  • If on Hospice, most of this will be supplied and paid for by your medical insurance.
  • Otherwise, if you are looking for top-quality products at Walmart prices (saves you $$$) delivered to your home (saves you time), contact Short and Simple Supplies at 813-317-0210.

Durable Medical Equipment

Before ordering this equipment yourself, please check with you doctor to see if your medical insurance will pay for the requested items. Depending on your diagnosis, walkers, manual wheel chairs, electric wheel chairs and bedside commodes, hospital beds, lifts, etc. all could be ordered by your physician, delivered to you free of charge, and paid for by your medical insurance with little or no co-pay.

Resources for Those Dealing with the Challenges of ALS, MS, Alzheimer’s and other Dementias, etc.

  • You are not alone! There are some wonderful support groups available to help you. We encourage you to reach out to them. If you need assistance finding them, please let us know.
  • Many of the local chapters have respite programs where they will provide a few hours of care so you, the caregiver, can get away and recharge your own battery.

Senior Move Managers

These folks help you plan and execute a move (downsizing, moving to a facility, etc).

Veterans Aid and Assistance

If you are a veteran who served during what is considered a wartime period and you meet certain asset and income tests, you may qualify for a supplemental pension from the VA (around $1,800 a month for a vet, $1,100 a month for a surviving spouse, and $2,100 a month for a couple). The best place to contact about this benefit, and most other VA benefits, is the Hillsborough Department of Veteran Affairs at 813-975-2181.

The process can take 6-12 months from application to funding. If your assets and income are limited, you may want to contact Vet Assist for assistance with this program. They offer a service where they file the application for you and loan you the funds until the VA kicks in. If you have $2,500 income or over $25,000 in cash or investments, you probably want to see an Elder Care Attorney (see above) so that they can assist you and make certain that you don’t do anything with Aid and Attendance that would negatively affect your ability to file for Medicaid.

Watch Arthur and Frieda discuss how to choose a Home Care Provider for a loved one in the video below:

Nurse Registry Number: 30211139

Let Us Lend You A Hand

Contact us today and a Griswold Home Care representative will reach out shortly.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
  • Please enter your zip code.
    Please select an option.
    • Please verify that you understand.
*Required Fields