Black Bean & Zucchini Quesadillas
Received from: Katherine Gravelle at Anne Arundel, Kent & Queen Anne’s Counties
- 1 cup black beans (about 1 can)
- 1 medium/large zucchini, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 8 TBSP of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 TBSP of salsa
- 8 6” corn tortillas
- Chopped lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream for garnish
- Place beans and 8 tablespoons of salsa in bowl. Mash beans with a fork.
- Stir in zucchini then spread about ½ cups of mixture on corn tortilla on broiler pan.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of each.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Place in broiler for 1 minute until brown, flip over to other side and brown.
(You can make ahead-reheat in microwave for 1 minute)
Nutritional Information: Makes 4 servings.
200 Calories; Fat 5.5g; Chol 15 mg; Protein 9g; Carb 32.5; Sugars 2g; Fiber 12.5; Res Starch 2.3; Sodium 235 mg.