Home Care Resources in South Columbus & Fairfield County, OH
While home care allows people to safely remain in their own homes, it doesn’t mean they have to stay at home. Our caregivers can offer you or your loved one the opportunity to enjoy some of the many events, activities, and great restaurants the greater Columbus area has to offer.
Our caregivers can accompany you to medical appointments as well as to parks, libraries, church services, theaters, museums, or to participate in one of the many activities at our area’s senior centers. They can take you out to the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens or Topiary Park; take you to the Columbus Metropolitan Library for an event or to pick out a good book; take you to spend some time at the Columbus Historical Society, or attend a concert or theater production with you at the Columbus Symphony or the Ohio Theater. Do you miss attending your Sunday church service? A caregiver could also accompany you to your local church or to weekly Bible study.
For those who wish to stay at home, you can ask a caregiver to bring the community to you by bringing you a meal from your favorite restaurant or library books for you to read.
- Groveport Senior Center: https://www.groveportrec.com/270/Senior-Center
- Prairie Township Community Center Senior Social Membership: https://www.prairietownship.org/221/Senior-Social-Membership
- Pickerington Senior Center: http://www.pickeringtonseniorcenter.org/
- Canal Winchester Community Center: https://www.canalwinchesterohio.gov/327/Community-Center
- Olivedale Senior Citizens Center (Lancaster): https://www.olivedale.com/
- Meals on Wheels / Lifecare Alliance Columbus: https://www.lifecarealliance.org/programs/meals-on-wheels/
- Meals on Wheels Fairfield County: https://www.mowfc.org/
- Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter: https://www.alz.org/centralohio/helping_you/resources
- Fairfield County Veterans Service Commission: https://www.fcvsc.org/
- Franklin County Veterans Service Commission: https://vets.franklincountyohio.gov/
- Franklin County Office on Aging: https://officeonaging.org/
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging: http://www.coaaa.org/
Griswold Home Care of South Columbus and Fairfield County in the News
“Griswold’s reputation and support are unparalleled in the home care industry. It was natural for us to start our own family Griswold franchise where we hope to continue the great work that our founder Jean Griswold started over 35 years ago.”