Being a Contractor in Tampa, Florida
The Tampa and Pasco Offices have been in business for ten years. Our mission
is to improve the lives of the clients we serve, the caregivers we refer,
the office staff we employ, and the referral sources with whom we partner.
We are specifically looking for:
- Licensed CNA’s
- Or Certified Home Health Aides (HHA’s) – If a HHA then you must have a certificate with the approved number of hours from one of the schools approved by the State of Florida Department of Education. If uncertain if your school is approved check here. If your school isn’t currently listed contact our office for further assistance.
Please fill out the Caregiver Information forms and once complete call our office at (813) 343-2228 to speak with a Recruitment Specialist.
The Caregiver Screening Process
There are 5 steps to our screening process:
- The Application
- The Phone Screen
- An In person Interview- see below for the items you will need to bring to the interview
- Reference Checks
- Pre-referral Onboarding Meeting
Interview List/Items Needed at On Boarding
Now that you’ve completed and submitted the Caregiver Information Forms on the Home page, spoken with one of our Recruitment Specialists, and have an interview set, you’ll need to bring the following:
- CNA license and/or Home Health Aide Certificate
- CPR card (can’t be completed online)
- HIV/AIDS certificate (completed within last 24 months)
- Other applicable certificates if you have them (Alzheimer’s, Assistance with self-administered medications, etc.)
- Driver’s License or Government issued photo ID
- Car Insurance Card (if willing to transport clients)
- Professional Caregiver Liability Insurance; CNA (Home Health Aid is a different price)
Prior to Onboarding
- A level II background check must have been completed within the past five years. If you have had a lapse in employment more than 90 days, the background check will need to be repeated. **This step will be completed at the office**
- New Screenings through AHCA – $77 up to $89 depending on the site you choose
- If you are already in the clearing house and wish to update your background – $12.18 up to $15.46
- Prior to placement on the registry, you would need a statement from your current physician that you are “Free/clear of communicable diseases including TB and Fit to work.” Please click on the form for your Physician or Clinic to complete. If you do not have a current physician, many area walk-in clinics conduct physicals (click here for a list).
- EIN (FREE HERE via IRS)We are always seeking qualified caregivers to add to our registry as independent contractors for CNA/HHA referral opportunities. We look forward to meeting with you in order to discuss your experience and qualifications.
As a Nurse Registry, Griswold Home Care is licensed through FL AHCA (Agency for Healthcare Administration). Therefore, Griswold Home Care must follow these statutes. Additionally, each independent contractor on the registry has statutes set forth to follow. Please click on the link below and familiarize yourself with these.
Level II Background Screening
What is a ‘Clearinghouse Renewal?’ Florida Statute requires care providers to undergo another criminal history check once every five years from the date of the retention of their fingerprints. The process of extending the retention is called a ‘Clearinghouse Renewal.
What’s the difference between a renewal and a resubmission? A resubmission is the process of running a new national criminal history check for the purpose of having an updated screening for those individuals with a lapse of employment greater than 90 days. The resubmission screening does NOT extend the RP expiration date.
Detailed information of the screening process can be viewed on the AHCA website here.