Did you know there was a National Blueberry Pancake Day? Me neither. But we will be sure to celebrate it on January 28th with our family's favorite pancake recipe.
If you care for someone who used to love to cook but is finding it difficult due to memory, loss, this recipe is great for involving them in the kitchen. Why? There are no eggs to be concerned about, it is a simple and forgiving recipe, and it allows them to whisk or stir, sift if desired, and enjoy a delicious end result. Also a great recipe for grandparents to do with grandchildren.
Egg-Free Pancakes (serves 2-4)
- 1 cup whole wheat (or gluten-free) flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (unsweetened almond milk can be substituted for a dairy-free alternative)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk or sift dry ingredients into one bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients into a second bowl.
- Pour liquid ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- OPTIONAL: Fold in add-ins (chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, etc.)
- Cook as desired. We pour about 2 tablespoons of batter onto a hot buttered griddle)
- Serve with your choice of toppings and ENJOY!
If you or an aging loved one are considering non-medical in-home care in Wilmington, NC, call Griswold Home Care
and speak to one of our caring staff members today. Call (910) 363-2866