The number of people living with Alzheimer’s disease is growing rapidly. An estimated 5.5 million people in the U.S. have Alzheimer’s disease but it is estimated only 1 in 4 cases gets diagnosed.
5.3 million people in the US with Alzheimer’s are 65 or older and the need for quality care options is increasing fast. The responsibility of taking care of an aging loved one often falls on family members which can introduce stress and other factors that are difficult to prepare for. Alzheimer’s is poised to become even more common as the population ages and caregiver plans for the future should be a priority for families across the country.
In-home care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia is an option for caregiving that allows the person with Alzheimer’s to stay in their own home. Griswold Home Care offers a wide range of in-home services so you can get a customized plan designed to fit your needs. Our service starts with an at-home consultation so we can make sure we understand exactly what type of care is needed and match you with a caregiver with similar interests. Our caregivers are trained to give compassionate care so you can be sure a loved one is safe.
Home care services offered by Griswold Home Care include:
- Companion Care – Make sure your loved one has someone checking up on them and someone to interact with.
- Homemaking Care – Assistance with household chores like laundry or meal preparation.
- Personal Care – Help with personal tasks like bathing or getting dressed.
- Live-In & Overnight Care – Full-time care so you can be sure a loved one gets the help they need.
- Respite Care – Short term care intended to give those whose primary responsibility is to care for someone with Alzheimer’s a break.
Finding the right type of care for someone diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease can be hard with the number of options available. Schedule a consultation with Griswold Home Care to learn more about our in-home services and see if home care is the right option for you.
If you or an aging loved one are considering non-medical in-home care in Worcester, MA, call Griswold Home Care
and speak to one of our caring staff members today. Call (508) 917-6649